We’re often approached by people who need topiary pieces made up in a hurry, or for an event that is too soon to give our standard Ligustrum time to fluff up. In these situations we have several tried and tested solutions to produce healthy looking topiary art exactly to the customers’ specification, in just a matter of weeks.
Climbers, Trachelospermum jasminoides (Star Jasmine) or Ivy
Climbers, such us Star Jasmine and Ivy’s, are energetic climbers than will rapidly cover a wire frame; making them an excellent solution to producing an elegant sculpture in a hurry. They’re easy to wrap around the wire frame, without damaging the plant, and can be used to create a fuller effect in far less time than you’d get with Ligustrum or Buxus, for example. Star Jasmine also has the added bonus of producing extremely fragrant flowers!
- We designed, created and transported the 2 meter high topiary stiletto in just 2 weeks for an event in Londons St Christophers Place using Star Jasmine.
- Several of our topiary pieces at Paultons Park and Peppa Pig World have been constructed in ivy, but in these instances it was purely an aesthetic choice rather than a time constraint.
Artificial boxwood matting is a covering of realistic plastic foliage which can be used on a standard wire frame to create a green and bushy topiary sculpture in a fraction of the time. Fire resistant and UV stable options are available, and the final products have the added benefit of being suited to life indoors, as well as being highly portable.
- We’ve created a large Scottie dog for Radley Co. out of artificial boxwood matting which they then used on a promotional tour across the UK.
- We also made a large Easter bunny for Dobbies garden centres to celebrate Easter and the onset of the spring season.
- Recently, we made a set of letters for Ryobi
Price wise artificial boxwood sculptures are available at very similar prices to those made from living material.
Namgrass is a near neighbour of Agrumi in the New Forest and they just happen to be Britain’s premier supplier of artificial grass. Namgrass products have a natural look and feel and have been a perfect partner for Agrumi’s topiary skills when clients want a design that’s light weight and easily portable. Agrumi have made a range of products with Namgrass
- We’ve created a large Dalek, Velociraptor and Pudsey bear using Namgrass; all have been exceptionally popular with Namgrass stockists.
Dried Dyed Moss
Dried moss topiary figures can be made as a green natural alternative to living topiary that we use to create fuller looking products in an instant; producing healthy looking, soft topiary which requires very little maintenance.
- We’ve created a Polo player, Hyundai Car and the base of our RHS Hampton Court garden all using moss!